The 2023 STARSkate Summer Camp will open for registration on June 30th for MJSC members, and July 15th for non-members. If this is your first time summer skating with MJSC, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask any questions!
Each skater who registers for this camp will have the option of skating either ONE, TWO or THREE Opens per day. As part of the camp package, each skater will also receive:
- 1- 30 minute spin session
- 2- 30 minute edge sessions
- 2- 30 minute dance sessions
- 3- 15 minute off-ice warm up classes
- 2- 30. minute posture/stretch sessions
- ONE Open per day = $185 for the week
- TWO Opens per day = $275 for the week
- THREE Opens per day = $325 for the week
Level of Skating Guideline
- Bronze: Star 1—2, recommend that you register for ONE open session per day
- Silver: Completed Star 2, recommend you register for ONE or TWO open sessions per day
- Gold/Comptitive: Completed Star 5 Freeskate, or competing at sectionals recommend you register for TWO to THREE opens sessions per day
Moose Jaw Skating Coaches will be present, see Moose Jaw Skating website for more information. All private lessons on open sessions will be billed direct to the skater. Coaching is included in the weekly pricing for all of the Group sessions.
The cancellation deadline is July 15, 2023. After July 15, refunds will be considered for medical reasons substantiated by a doctor’s medical certificate. Requests must be made in writing. The $25 registration fee will be withheld on all refunds.
- Open: Skaters will receive private or group lessons along with self-directed practice time.
- Group: Group sessions: Dance/Edge/Spins sessions in a group format directed by MJSC coaches
- Off-Ice Sessions: Off Ice warmup and Posture/Stretch sessions will be facilitated at the Moose Jaw Events Centre. Off ice warmup will be held 3 days per week, Posture/Stretch classes will be held twice a week.
- Off-Ice Strength Training: Facilitated by GAP (Gottselig Athletic Performance) Located at the Golden Ticket Centre. Pre-Season (August 1-3 & 8-10) and summer camp (August 14-18) are available at a cost of $38 per block
Tentative Skating Schedule
|** off-ice warmup and posture/stretch held at the events center (schedule will be sent to each skater)**|
|4:45-5:15||B/S Edge||B/S Dance||B/S Spins||B/S Edge||B/S Dance|
|5:15-6:00||Open 1||Open 1||Open 1||Open 1||Open 1|
|6:15-7:00||Open 2||Open 2||Open 2||Open 2||Open 2|
|7:00-7:30||S/G Edge||S/G Dance||S/G Spins||S/G Edge||S/G Dance|
|7:30-8:15||Open 3||Open 3||Open 3||Open 3||Open 3|